There's an ease to the music Riley Pearce makes. That's testament to how effortlessly he became a songwriter. Watching his Dad in cover bands inspired him to pick up the guitar. By 17, he was busking at local farmer's markets—playing covers but sneaking in a few original folky compositions about what he saw around him or the relationships he had formed.
Not surprisingly, nature occupies a sizable piece of the artist’s musical DNA. For his latest recordings (Nettwerk Records), Riley rented a house on the southwest coast of Australia. "I wanted to let the sounds of the house and the environment filter in," explains Riley. If you listen closely, you can hear the sounds of floorboards, the house’s gravel driveway, mallets thumped on a couch, the metronomic tapping of a friend’s collar bone, the crackling of a fire and more. Part empathetic meditation, Riley’s music possesses a depth of experience delivered through wafting melodies, thoughtfully blended found sounds and quietly introspective lyrics.
Lemon Tree Music (WW)
Regan Lethbridge & David Morgan
Four Tone Artists (AUS / NZ)
Free Trade Agency (UK / EUR)
LICENSING & SYNC ENQUIRIES
Brash Tracks (WW)
Comes With Fries (AUS / NZ)
Nettwerk Music Group (WW)
ALBUM PRE-ORDER COMPETItiON
Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: The Water & The Rough Competition is open to legal residents that are eighteen (18) or older, as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and internet access as of the beginning of the competition period.
2. To Enter: You may enter in one of two ways:
a. Pre-save Riley Pearce’s new album ‘The Water & The Rough’ on Spotify or Apple Music
b. Pre-order ‘The Water & The Rough’ vinyl or any merch bundle from Riley Pearce’s 24Hundred merch partner store before June 10, 2022 (https://24hundred.net/collections/riley-pearce)
3. Prize Drawing: All entries meeting the requirements of these Terms and Conditions will be entered into the prize drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Riley themselves on a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. Five (5) winners will be randomly selected among all the eligible entries received.
4. Prizes and Odds: Prize pack includes items below:
a. x 1 Maton guitar^
b. x 2 Maton merchandise packs including two t-shirts, stubby holder, hat, guitar strap, keychain and book
c. x 1 Riley Pearce ‘The Water’ merch bundle including vinyl, t-shirt in your sizing choice, beanie, hoodie and digital download of 'The Water & The Rough'
d. x 2 guest passes to a Riley Pearce headline show in 2022* valued at $60
*Winners in states where Riley Pearce is not playing a headline show in 2022 will not be eligible for this part of the prize.
^The grand prize (Riley's Maton Guitar) is only open to Australian residents due to shipping costs.
The odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted.
5. Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail from Riley Pearce within [seven (7)] business days of the prize drawing. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, and/or is ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries will be considered.
6. General Rules: By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Riley Pearce is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise;
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by [participating in the competition and/or] winning any prize, [entrant/winner] consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to [entrant/winner] for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Riley Pearce’s social media accounts and website.